Re: [DebianGIS] testing Debian build of GRASS 6.4 SVN

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 01:05:30 +0100,
"Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 09:58:38AM +0100, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> it use that wx-config.

>> So, in conclusion: not sure why my suggestion worked for you, it
>> shouldn't have. It has "worked" for me just because I had
>> /etc/alternatives/wx-config pointing to the 2.8 version.

>> This thus raises the question of how to deal with that for the debian
>> package when the builder has 2.6 and 2.8 installed with
>> /etc/alternatives/wx-config pointing to the 2.6 version.

> This is exactly the same conclusion I reached yesterday. A patch to
> have a working --with-wxwidget is required, because none can ensure
> that the wx-config alternative is correct for use with GRASS. BTW, I
> get the same error also in a clean pbuilder environment, so it
> currently would cause a FTBS on our buildd net.

Are there any news on how to proceed in these cases? i.e. having
different wxwidgets libraries installed (e.g. 2.6 and 2.8 in Debian
sid)?  I don't understand why giving --with-wx=[path to 2.8 version]
*and* --with-wxwidgets works (although it shouldn't), whereas only
--with-wxwidgets=[path to 2.8 version] doesn't.  Thanks.

--
Seb