Re: [DebianGIS] OpenLayers 2.5 Debian Packaging

[Paul Wise]

> On Dec 30, 2007 1:04 AM, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt@metacarta.com> wrote:

>> OpenLayers.
>>
>> There's an outstanding ITP:
>>
>> It was opened in June, and has no further work. The author has not
>> yet responded to emails asking about his/her continued intentions.

Just might be an idea to give the recipient more than three hours to
reply to an email at this time of year if you don't want to be
disappointed... ;)

> I reviewed her packages at debconf in June. Here are a couple of
> relevant links:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Provenance_Review
> http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~mariwan/debian/
>
> I'll have a look at your package and the rest of the email when it
> is not 6am.
>
> Mari, are you subscribed to this list?

No, but I follow it more or less regularly via Gmane.

Sorry about dropping of the end of the earth on this issue - after
returning from Debconf this summer, I fairly promptly came down with a
case of tendinitis in my right arm which has impaired me quite
effectively since.  I'm mostly back now, but haven't gotten around to
sending an update until now.  My bad on that.

Given the situation, I'd be happy to pass the package on to someone
else - I'd packaged 2.5 and made some of the adjustments made in the
new packages for work, but not all of them.  If Christopher already
packaged tilecache and wants openlayers, I'd say go for it.

All the best, and happy holidays -

--

Mari Wang <mariwan@ifi.uio.no>