Re: [DebianGIS] [RFC] Please review draft report to be issued ASAP

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/StateOfTheMap?action=show
>
> The last part is thought for posting on d-d-a and d-science lists.
> It is still not complete, but open for fixes and additions.
> Please review and fixes also for my usual bad italenglish.
>
> It is also the right occasion to remind all of you the need
> of updating the StateOfTheMap page as often as possible, in order
> to keep track of things done and on going work, issues and what else.
>
> So, let's wiki folks!

2007-09-26:
    * Mainstream packages now available in sid/lenny:
          o qgis 0.8.1

qgis is not in Lenny yet*, which leads to my question:
Are the backports.org built only when a package reaches Lenny? I
still wait (patiently) for a qgis package for etch compatible with
gdal 1.4.1-6~bpo.1. I am not complaining (much), just wondering how
it all works.

[*] http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qgis.html

thanks,
Hamish