Re: [DebianGIS] Chameleon status

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 01:00:57PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> chameleon is lagging behind since 2004 (a new upstream version is around
> since ages), are you interested in co-maintainace with the DebianGis team?

Hi,

Thanks for your email. The chameleon package in Debian isn't the GIS
package at http://www.dmsolutions.ca/technology/chameleon.html - rather,
it's a fairly basic GTK app for decorating the root window which I
adopted to get it off the orphan list and learn a bit about GTK.
I don't know if the GIS package is in Debian at all. If you're going to
package it and you think it's a better contender for the "chameleon"
package name (rather than, say, "chameleon-gis") I'm happy to help with
renaming this one - it's not very widely used according to popcon.

Cheers,
Dave