Re: [DebianGIS] Re: [Qgis-user] ECW Licence

On 08/01/07 14:10, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

I have heard pepole at Debian has analyzed the licence, and they found
it almost compatible with free redistribution.
Canop somebody clarify this?
I think this is a good candidate for a FAQ

[...]

**This license applies to any use of the Software Product solely intended to develop or be distributed with products that are licensed under a license similar to a General Public License ("GPL") and at no charge to the public**.

I am no expert, but I think that the "at no charge" in the above sentence might cause problems.

Moritz