[DebianGIS] Re: MapServer 4.8.3 ready for unstable, also stable?

[Schuyler Erle]
> I've packaged MapServer 4.8.3 and uploaded it to alioth as
> mapserver_4.8.3-1. Petter (or Frankie), would you mind taking a look
> and uploading it to sid if appropriate? (Or alternately letting me
> know what if anything need fixing?)

I find the source, but it is lacking an orig.tar.gz file and thus a
diff.gz file.  I suspect you forgot to make the upstream tarball
available when you built the source.  I can work around it, and will
try to build the source.

> I've uploaded the backport to alioth as
> mapserver_4.8.3-0.0.dgis.sarge.1. Is this something that can or should
> be uploaded to sarge as well?

I guess it could be uploaded to backports.org.  It is unlikely to get
into Sarge as only major bug- and securityfixes are allowed in the
stable version of Debian.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen