Re: [DebianGIS] Improving the debiangis-status page (Was: paraview)

my suggestion is to remove all older packages ASAP from d-gis repo - this is
proving very confusing for new users (I had several requests on our Italian
mailing lists). I would leave in d-gis only those packages who cannot go to
debian main. This should be true for cvs packages only (especially grass,
maybe qgis).
BTW: Radim is compiling qgis+grass for windows. This is not directly
interesting for me, but I think is is rather paradoxical that windows users
are having a clear advantage over debian users, because they can install the
latest version from cvs without hassles, whereas we're forced to wait months
after the official release. I do not want to start a flame, nor to blame
anybody, but I would like to follow the mission of debiangis, which is:
"to make it [Debian] the best distribution for Geographical Information
Systems applications and users".
All the best.
pc

At 17:58, mercoledì 01 marzo 2006, Petter Reinholdtsen has probably written:

--
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: cavallini@faunalia.it