Re: [DebianGIS] postgis

hi,

postgis.debs are undergoing big changes those days, to fulfill the
requirements of debian packaging standards.
the version to be uploaded on debian main will be limited to the
packages wanted there, but on debian gis there will allways be a version
of postgis that would support every upstream supported postgresql
installation and every debian version since woody.
i hope this way would be best to service both debian and especially
debian-gis communities.

ps. next, i would like to work with gdal, thuban, qgis upstream
developers to add a classic and stable c++ interface to gdal, that will
allow free upgrading of gdal without breaking c++ clients. this is not a
debian-only issue.

alex