Re: [DebianGIS] Lets add a GIS workstation task to etch?

2006/9/1, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>:

I believe it is a good idea to add a GIS Workstation task to etch.  To

Seconded!

I was to start doing a custom OSGEO distro, but that never left the
design board =]
then, i was to start a custom OSGEO live, but followed the same route
as previous, so, it's sitting on the shelf... My developer carrer does
not look promising... =D

I believe the task should focus on "end-user" applications (aka GUI

Yep.

I was to suggest a gis server, but as second thought, I believe it to
be unnecessary. Anyone setting up a server ought to know what his
needs are. The debtags system should prove more that effective in this
issue.

thanks for the work on D-GIS!
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX