Re: [DebianGIS] releases for public consumption [was "d.m/d.gis mysteries.."]

Hamish wrote:
Hamish wrote:
ps - I think the same with the main GRASS downloads page. There are
too many stables.
 6.1.0 -> current version (caveat..)
 6.0.2 -> old stable
 5.4.0 -> history section

Markus wrote:
I have cleaned it up and moved old versions to a separate page.

Thanks. We abandon 6.1.0? (ok, we need all the 6.2.0beta testing we can
get)

Note DebianGIS has 6.1.0 and 6.2.0beta packaging material in SVN:
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/branches/6.2~beta1/debian/

It would be nice to have those [auto-generated?] into Alioth .deb
packages!
  http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/DebianGisRepository
  http://packages.debian.org/grass

.. and then a 6.1.0 package into unstable as soon as GDAL 1.3.2 &
friends fall into testing to ensure we have something quasi-modern in
place for Etch.

If 6.2 will be released beginning of next week (that's the plan, or ?), then can't we wait for that ?

Moritz