Re: [DebianGIS] Re: First try at logo designing...

2006/4/29, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>:

> please take a look and send you opinions:
> http://br.geocities.com/marcondes.rm/debian-gis-cdd/

Would it be an idea to make a web page presenting the two images side
by side?

Hmmm, yeah, I can make that.

Personally, I would prefer the name debian-gis over gis-cdd.
It will be in line with the names of debian-junior, debian-edu,
debian-med and debian-np.

Agreed.

And I am not sure I like the globe with the
swirl.  It seem so plain and "obvious", as it is the obvious
combination of a globe and the debian swirl.  Are there other symbols
besides the globe we could use as the base of the logo?

Agreed. It is plainly obvious, but I am a very limited designer... I
was impressed that I could made those at all.

We could brainstorm a little and see if something nice comes up.

Maybe I can ask for someone in my local DUG... IIRC we have a designer
of sorts...

--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)