[DebianGIS] Re: MapServer 4.8.3 ready for unstable, also stable?

[Schuyler Erle]
> I've packaged MapServer 4.8.3 and uploaded it to alioth as
> mapserver_4.8.3-1. Petter (or Frankie), would you mind taking a look
> and uploading it to sid if appropriate? (Or alternately letting me
> know what if anything need fixing?)

I believe the changelog for the unreleased 4.8.2-1 and the new 4.8.3-1
should be combined.  I'm committing a new version into CVS, and
uploading to Debian/unstable.

I also had to remove the CVS directories from the tarball.  To avoid
them in the future, I recommend adding something like this to your
~/.devscripts:

  # Avoid cruft in tarball.  Do not work on Debian Woody.
  DEBVERSION=`cat /etc/debian_version`
  if [ "$DEBVERSION" != "3.0" ]; then
    DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-ICVS -I'.#*' -I.cvsignore -I.bzr -I.svn"
  fi

There are two generated files not being cleaned up when doing make
clean, mapscript/csharp/Makefile and mapscript/php3/Makefile.  Perhaps
upstream should be contacted to get the clean target to remove these?
I added a workaround in debian/rules.