Re: [GRASS5] Re: [DebianGIS] grass and 64bit

confirmed; works for me on Debian/Stable i686-32 (P4).

patch (against 6.1-cvs):
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-commit/2006-March/021104.html

> > > Markus surely can answer better. Anyway, at least it requires
> > > updating to the new API for 3.1 in gmath. It's not rocket
> > > science...
..
> > IMHO fftw2 dependency is a pain since fftw3 is standard now.
> > Also, we want to modify in GRASS 6.1, so we can remove the
> > backwards compat with v.2.
> >
> > I vote for updating to fftw3 without backwards compatibility
> > to not complicate the things (and to make it happen).
>
> I've commited fixes to support both 2.x and 3.x.

i.fft, i.ifft work for me using Debian/Stable's fftw3-dev package.
No noticeable time speedup vs. fftw2 on my test data (both ~5sec).

Hamish