[DebianGIS] postgis: an user's experience

Hi all.
Due to my lack of computer skills, I always try to use packages, faster and
safer. However, our need for updated packages is forcing me towards
compilation. I must say compiling postgis from sources is now very easy, and
thanks to checkinstall, also reasonably clean (I tried long ago with pgis
0.8, and that was bloody!). I only had to make a link for the name of one
library, and that's it.
I wonder why I waited so long before trying. Perhaps I am too loyal to the
debian way?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini