[DebianGIS] Re: gdal bug with new lib patch

[Jon Saints]
> I confirmed:
>
> Seems that the gdal source code we uploaded with the new gdal 1.3.1
> is a patched version of the source (with our libname changes) and
> not a fresh copy so the patch fails on building gdal package from
> source.

Wow, how could that happen?  Did the uploader forget to make sure the
upstream tarball was available in ../?

> Could someone with access upload a new copy of gdal source with an
> original GDALmake.opt.in as it comes from Frank then our patch
> should apply without trouble.

That is impossible.  It is impossible to replace the source tarball in
the archive.  A new tarball with a new name/version need to be
uploaded.  Not sure how to best handle this.  I guess reuploading with
upstream version set to 1.3.1orig or something like that should work.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen