[Pkg-grass-general] Re: Mapserver debian package do not build

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Is this expected?  How do I get this package compiling in Sarge??

I read a bit about the problem, and decided to ignore PHP for now.  I
removed --with-php from debian/rules, and removed the install rule for
the php package.  This got the build going.  I noticed a few issues
with the current build system:

 - dh_testroot is called both in the clean and the build target.  It
   should not, as this make it impossible to use the latest debuild to
   build the package.

 - The code to patch the source seem to be home-made and prone to
   errors.  I recommend using something like dpatch instead.  Let me
   know if you need help with this.

Do you keep the debian build rules for mapserver in some source
control repository?  It would be easier for me to assist if it is.  Do
you need a hand with the packaging?  I would be glad to help.

I managed to get the non-php packages built and installed.  Now I need
to find out how to use mapserver. :)