Re: [DebianGIS] MapServer Enterprise?

On 11/29/05, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini@faunalia.it> wrote:
> can be seen as an opportunity or a threat.
> it will depend a lot on the reactions of the community and on the honesty of
> Autodesk, I think.

Paolo,

The code is being distributed under the LGPL and has already
been assigned to the foundation.  Assuming the community can
establish a suitable governance mechanism for the foundation,
there isn't much that Autodesk can do to be dishonest.  At
worse they could neglect what they have released.

Hopefully in the spring we can be looking at a MapServer
Enterprise package for Debian GIS.

BTW, those interested are encouraged to join the foundation
discuss list.  Subscription info is available from:

  http://mapserverfoundation.org/

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com