[DebianGIS] current status

Hi all.
Now that unixodbc does not block anymore, perspectives are brighter.
Here is the current situation as I see it.
- qgis: a new upstream version is available (0.7.3); it fixes several bugs, so
it would be advisable to package it
- gdal: new upstream version is available (1.3.1); incompatibility with qgis
has been reported, but I do not know whether this has been fixed
- libgdal1-grass: should include the ogr-grass module (from 1.3.1 release)
- qgis-plugin-grass: should be included in official debian
- postgis: we tested Alex Bodnaru packages extensively, and I think they
should be included in Debian official, as they are in good shape (even if
there may still be some work to do on the multicluster environment
integration)
- mapserver and mapscript are ok, but wait for gcc-4.0
- grass is ok; the current cvs version (6.1) is quite stable, and much
improved, but not yet released; I do not know of any too serious bug to
prevent its packaging (it should be discussed upstream).
Thanks to all developers for their efforts.
Looking forward to test the new & missing packages.
All best wishes.
--
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: cavallini@faunalia.it