Re: [DebianGIS] Uploaded qgis 0.7.3-0.dgis.unstable.1 (source i386) to debian-gis

Steve did:
> Source: qgis
> Binary: qgis-plugin-grass qgis qgis-dev
> Architecture: source i386
> Version: 0.7.3-0.dgis.unstable.1

I have re-built the following packages for Sarge from the DebianGIS
sources:   (i.e., libgdal1-grass from alioth not sid)

libgdal1-grass_1.2.6-1
qgis_0.7.3-0
qgis-dev_0.7.3-0
qgis-plugin-grass_0.7.3-0

in the following way: (all as root, on a clean sarge machine)

  add this to /etc/apt/apt.conf:
APT::Default-Release::stable;

  add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb-src http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis unstable main

apt-get update

mkdir ~/deb-src && cd ~/deb-src

apt-get --compile source libgdal1-grass    # quick
apt-get --compile source qgis              # not so quick

at this point there are build-deps to fulfill, so install those and
re-run apt-get.

renamed from *.dgis.unstable.1_i386.deb to *.dgis.stable.1_i386.deb
 (that won't change the internal version number from .unstable., but
  it will help me keep from confusing the files. Do I edit
  [package]_i386.changes and rebuild to change that???)

then install with `dpkg -i package.deb`

I tried installing the packages on another Sarge machine and it seems
to work ok with GRASS's Spearfish60 dataset, both raster & vector
layers. (run from both outside & from within the GRASS 6.0.1 DebianGIS
package for sarge)

I got a segfault when loading both spearfish60 aspect & elevation.10m
rasters in qgis; I expect that is not specific to these packages.

I can make the packages available to 1-2 DebianGIS devels for hosting
and/or uploading to the DebianGIS stable repository, but due to
our insane bandwidth costs I can't host publicly myself.

email me for a link.

they are:

libgdal1-grass_1.2.6-1.dgis.stable.1_i386.deb
qgis_0.7.3-0.dgis.stable.1_i386.deb
qgis-dev_0.7.3-0.dgis.stable.1_i386.deb
qgis-plugin-grass_0.7.3-0.dgis.stable.1_i386.deb

Hamish