[DebianGIS] further work on postgis

Hi all.
Just to update you on how we are solving the upgrading problems:
- the issue about libpostgis1-pg74 not working with the new postgis7.4:
cp /usr/lib/postgresql/lib/libpostgis* /usr/lib/postgresql/7.4/lib/
does the job (thanks Floris); alternatively, alex has prepared new 0.9
packages to solve the problem
- upgrading from 0.9 to 1.0: dump and restore does not work, because functions
and the geometry_columns have a different structure; the workaround we've
found (thanks Lia) is to restore the tables as normal user (without superuser
privileges, in particular on the functions and geometry_columns), so that the
functions of the new postgis are not overwritten. After that, we repopulate
the geometry_columns table only.
Apparently everything is working now.
Many thanks to all (especially Alex + Floris!).
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini
cavallini@faunalia.it   cavallini@jabber.org www.faunalia.it