[DebianGIS] postgis trouble

Hi all.
I got into trouble with postgis. I had postgis0.9 installed with pg74;
recently, the upgrade to pg75 broke it (postgis is no longer working). I can
now install alex package, but the data are not in the same format. I can
recover them from a dump, but in the meantime the non-geographic data have
been changed, so this would be tricky. Ideally, the best would be to
reinstall pg74+postgis09, dump all, and restore them on a fresh pg80 install,
but I do not know exactly how to reinstall the specific versions needed, with
their dependencies. I have to be careful, because it is our production db.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanksin you in advance.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini