Re: [DebianGIS] libgdal and general C++ pkg installation problem on SID

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 02:16 +0200, Jérôme Andrieux wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was wondering about the preferred way of installing GRASS and QGIS
> (+grass plugin) at the moment on SID.
> Due to the C++ ABI change, some packages are incompatible, not
> installable, etc and among them libgdal1 (/libgdal1c2) which makes
> impossible the installation of grass (from d.gis) and so forth qgisn and
> qgis-grass-plugin.
> Official packages from d.org now uses libgdal1c2, and d.gis pkg use
> libgdal1 which are incompatible. This is a transitionnal problem,
> however I'd like o now if there are some workarounds working today.
> Any idea ?

There is no workaround I can think of. libgdal1-grass is in the NEW
queue and should hopefully enter unstable soon. I'll endeavor to get
qgis 0.7 with qgis-plugin-grass uploaded soon thereafter. Then that will
have to wait out the NEW queue too. If I have time I'll make uploads to
dgis to provide the packages sooner.

Steve