[DebianGIS] Re: maplab analysis

Hi,

I'm the maintainer for Maplab at DM Solutions. We are working to
address the problems that Paul Wise identified. However, there are a
few issues with Maplab 2.2 that may be relevant to what you're doing.

Maplab is in maintenanace mode and no new development is planned. You
can read the details in the announcement here:
http://maptools.org/maplab/index.phtml?page=release-2.2.html

Also, there is a critical problem in using Maplab with versions of PHP
> 4.3.9. We have expended some effort in trying to remedy this problem
(which is related to changes in PHP object serialization) but we
haven't found a solution. Relevant discussion is here:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-dev/2005-April/thread.html
http://www.maptools.org/maplab/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

I'll be following the list and I'll post notification of any Maplab
updates here.

zak
--
Zak James