[dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca: Re: [DebianGIS] avce00 and postgis]

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Morissette <dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca> -----

Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:11:15 -0400
From: Daniel Morissette <dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca>
To: Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [DebianGIS] avce00 and postgis

Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:

>Sigh, I just noticed that e00compr license is a bit inconsistent, a few
>files
>allows only distribution, not modification of sources. Does anyone
>already contacted the author about that? I'm CC him about.
>
>Daniel, it would be nice if you would re-issue the e00compr tarball
>with a single consistent LICENSE file. Did you consider a BSD-style
>license for releasing?

Um... interesting license problem. Can you tell that this was the first
lib that I released as open source and that I was not familiar with the
various open source licenses at the time?

I will prepare a new release with a MIT license ASAP... it's probably
about time for a 1.0 release anyway. :)  I should also update the docs,
the danmo@videotron.ca email address is no longer valid.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca

----- End forwarded message -----