Re: [Pkg-grass-general] JUMP limping along with with free java...

Hi,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
I talked to one of the classpath developers yesterday, and he tested
JUMP with the development version of classpath.  After some minor
changes to the configuration, he was able to get it up and running.

<URL:http://gnu.wildebeest.org/~mark/Screenshot.png>

He didn't get it to do anything, but that is a combination of missing
knowledge, missing data files and bugs in classpath.

Are anyone working on packaging Jump for Debian/main?

As you know I have packaged it - currently for contrib.

It is currently NOT possible to move it to main as it requires
the cairo based Graphics2D implementation which is
currently not available in any free vm in Debian.

I track all the upstream classpath stuff and if it will
be possible to be included in Debian/main I will go ahead.

I am working on packaging new upstream releases of kaffe atm
but it will not include the cario/Graphics2D implementation
because cairo is not yet updated in unstable.

BTW, Jump development has moved and takes now place under
the name OpenJump (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot)

I will work on OpenJump packages if the first release will be done.

Are there any other free WMS client around?

You could try udig (not in debian) which is build on eclipse and
therefore should run with free runtimes like the new gcj.

BTW, OpenJump has updated WMS client support to WMS 1.1.1 !

Wolfgang