Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: Upload of Jump to Debian-GIS repository

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:19:32AM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi Petter,
>
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >Did you succeed in using JUMP with WMS services?  I've tried to
> >connect to the service available from <URL:http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/>,
> >and also the service available from <URL:http://www.onemap.org/>,
> >without any success.  None of the descriptions I found on google
> >worked.  I've almost given up getting jump to work with WMS.
>
> I surfed a bit on the jump lists - it seems the wms is currently
> restricted to WMS 1.0
>
> Also you only have to provide the url - as jump first makes
> a getcapabilities request to the server. This one which also
> provides WMS 1.0 is working for me.
>
> http://demo.cubewerx.com/demo/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?
>
> There was a mail on the jump mailing list some time ago that
> deegree implemented wms 1.1.1 and wfs functionality for jump - but
> I don't know if they provided the stuff already for integration.

lat/lon (the company behind deegree) did this enhancement during a
project where we were also involved. Hence I know something about
the progress of integration :-)

The mentioned project just came to an end so that the implementation
of the WMS 1.1.1 and WFS functionality is now finished. The
developer at latlon, who did the implementation, is currently not in
office but will be back in about a month. At this time we will try
to get the enhancement into the head branch of jump.

By now we have the principal willingness from refractions to include
such an implementation. Since the current implementation needs some
deegree classes we are not sure though whether it will really be
done.

I will get you informed as soon as I know more.

Greetings,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/