Re: [Pkg-grass-general] GRASS: how to learn the database language?

> In GRASS I saw an example and was able to do it:
> $ echo "select * from largeB" | db.select

These are SQL commands, see the "SQL notes" section of GRASS help pages:

http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass57/manuals/html57_user/sql.html

look at the "SQL reference links" at the bottom of that page for more
detail. (note not all functions are available depending on database
used, relevance, time, etc..)

As usual, steep learning curve, nice views from the top.. transferable
knowledge..

> What Debian package should I download to learn about this language?

$ apt-cache search sql | grep doc

but the Red hat guide is pretty good (links).

Hamish