[Pkg-grass-general] gpsd installed as a service?

Hi,

I'm currently packaging gpsd, and was wondering about one issue:

Should I install gpsd as a service, with both /etc/init.d/gpsd
and /etc/default/gpsd, the latter holding a 'start_daemon' flag and
parameters?

This could be nice for people who have a permanently attached,
permanently powered up GPS, but it might just be overkill. Maybe it's
good for people who just want to plug in their GPS and have the service
available immediately - gpsd should keep polling until it finds a
device.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Til