Re: gcc-multilib & g++-multilib issues

Please stop filing duplicating bogus reports.  You make unproven claims without giving any rationale.

On 14.11.23 00:04, jahway-bug-reports wrote:
Hi Matthias,

There is software which will not build natively on Debian 10/11/12 without  the gcc-multilib & g++-multilib packages
https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/gcc-multilib
https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/g++-multilib

I can build it perfectly fine on amd64, but these packages are missing for me to build natively on a ARM 64 platform (such as a Raspberry Pi).

I have already filed the following bugs [1][2][3][4] to include these packages, but you give no explanation other than "arm64 doesn't have multilibs" but it would if these bugs were explored and resolved so that these packages would be available on the arm64 platform.

Can you please tell me why the Debian project is not able to consider adding these packages to ARM64 so that software can be natively compiled on this platform running Debian?

Thanks

[1] March 17, 2023 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1033145
[2] March 17, 2023 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1033146
[3] Nov 1, 2023 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1055199