Re: Switching GLIBC_DYNAMIC_LINKER in Trixie

* Luca Boccassi:

> But the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the
> default option working best for Debian is the one that matches the
> project's choice of a filesystem layout. After all, this is
> configurable in the toolchain for a reason.

It's not really configurable.  You need to use what's specified in the
psABI supplement, otherwise the binaries won't be interoperable with
other systems, effectively creating a Debian-specific ABI.

> On the 'how' question there's obviously some options - patching
> GLIBC_DYNAMIC_LINKER* defines, adding optional build time prefixes to
> them, or a ship a default spec file - so it's not too important I
> think, the main question is another one.

There's no single place to patch this across the various toolchains and
architectures.

Thanks,
Florian