Guidance for Private Backports of GCC

Hello,

Probably you get questions like this often, but I have been asked to start trying to do private/local backports of more recent versions of GCC to Debian 10 for academic purposes.  I am aware that I could probably just download the source from GNU, compile it, and stash it someplace, but I'd rather have a .deb package and the advantages that come with it.

I've had a look at https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation, but I think this may fall short in the case of GCC.

Would you be willing to share any links or other documentation that would point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall