Re: Arm ports build machines (was Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> wrote:

>>  also worth noting, they're working on a 2U rackmount server which
>> will have i think something insane like 48 Rock64Pro boards in one
>> full-length case.

> None of this addresses the basic DSA requirement of remote management.
> Troubling local hands to change a disk once in a while is reasonable; being
> blocked waiting for a power cycle on a regular basis is not (and I can't
> imagine hosting sponsors are wild about their employees' time being used
> for that either).

i know exactly what you mean, i've had to deal with data centres.
i'll make sure that TL Lim is aware of this, and will ask him if
there's a way to include remote power-management / power-cycling of
boards in the planned product or if it's already been thought of.

l.