Help compiling code to 2.6.23 Kernel

Hi,

This is my first debian mailing usage, so please advice me if this is
the wrong place to post...

I have a VM with a just installed Debian 8 and g++ version 4.9.2 -
apt-get install g++.

My goal is to produce code for a old Vortex86DX embedded unit who
works with i586 instructions and running a custom 2.6.23 Linux Kernel.
So I´ve build a small test program:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;
}

I´m trying to compile it, bit I´m getting:

$ g++ -march=i586 --enable-kernel=2.6.23 test.cpp -o test586 -static
-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++
cc1plus: error: unknown pass kernel specified in -fenable

My final goal is to cross compile from Debian 8 to my target machine.
I´ve tried without --enable-kernel and I got a FATAL - Kernel too old
in the target machine.

I really appreaciate help on moving foward.