Could someone explain bug 770025 to me?

Could someone explain the reasoning behind bug 770025 to me?

I'm planning to upgrade from Debian 7 to 8. Why is it necessary for gcc-4.9-base to force the removal of gcc-4.7-base, when these packages share no files in common?

In my particular situation, we have software which *must* be compiled using gcc-4.7. I'm a little confused by message #20 which seems to imply that gcc-4.7 could be reinstalled after the upgrade is complete.

Thanks,
Tim Gokcen