Re: libstdc++6: Breaks: libboost-date-time1.55.0, but isn't that package fixed now?

Further searching has indeed suggested that boost 1.55 is still broken
and will remain so (e.g. the bug #793222 discussion), and thus I can
see that 1.57/1.58 is needed as you say. In fact 1.58 is available and
it's actually just a couple of libreoffice dependencies specifically
targeting 1.55 that are causing the hold up in upgrade installation
currently (at least here on my systems).

It is indeed unfortunate that packages for the gcc5 transition were
pushed to unstable before libreoffice was made ready for it, and worse
that this has resulted in security implications for Sid users. I must
request that those responsible please tread more carefully in future
(no disrespect intended, and do I really appreciate the free time and
effort put into these projects).

While there may sadly be no specific commitment for keeping unstable
secure, it has been my impression that the record for pushing security
fixes there is pretty strong. I am sure that many Debian users run Sid
in order to have a much more up to date collection of application
packages than you get from stable (testing does not seem suitable for
normal use, since security updates are frequently delayed due to
unstable->testing transitions). It would be very much appreciated if
devs/maintainers would please keep this in mind in order to not cause
problems like this for such users.