Re: Debian test rebuild on x86_64-linux-gnu with trunk 20140118

On 24 January 2014 10:08, Matthias Klose wrote:

> brainparty, igstk:
>   error: redeclaration of '...' may not have default arguments [-fpermissive]

G++ was fixed to reject this, the code is invalid.

> apron, cadabra:
>   error: 'ptrdiff_t' does not name a type

These should be qualifying the type as std::ptrdiff_t.

> grail:
>   ext/new_allocator.h:120:4: error: use of deleted function

That's another bug I fixed yesterday:
http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?rev=206994&root=gcc&view=rev

> lcalc, sofa-framework:
>  error: redeclaration of '...' may not have default arguments [-fpermissive]

Looks like the same issue as brainparty and isgtk.

> ppl:
>   error: no type named 'difference_type' in 'class ...'
>   error: no matching function for call to 'distance(...)'

The root cause is using ptrdiff_t not std::ptrdiff_t again.

> supercollider:
>   error: no matching function for call

I thought that might be my fault so looked into it, but it's an
upstream bug in SuperCollider, fixed in the latest release. It only
used to work with GCC 4.8 because our std::map was non-conforming in
exactly the right way for supercollider's non-conforming allocator to
do the right thing.

> sslsniff:
>   error: redeclaration of 'std::string error' [-fpermissive]
>
> tripwire:
>   archive.cpp:889:28: error: redeclaration of 'eArchiveOpen e' [-fpermissive]
>              eArchiveOpen e(strTempFile, errStr);
>                             ^
>   archive.cpp:886:29: note: 'eFSServices& e' previously declared here
>          catch( eFSServices& e)

The sslsniff and tripwire failures are the same issue, G++ no longer
allows this:

try {
} catch (int var) {
  int var;
}

So several cases are real bugs that G++ now catches, and some were
known libstdc++ regressions that were fixed yesterday.