Re: status of s390 toolchain maintenance

Am 03.07.2013 06:10, schrieb Philipp Kern:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 11:42:44AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> yesterday Aurelian Jarno did switch the GCC default to 4.8 in the VCS.
>> However I don't see him in the Debian GCC maintainer list as GCC port
>> maintainer.  In the past I only did see s390 contributions and s390 related
>> bug triage from Bastian Blank.  Is this change coordinated with Bastian?
>> Please could both of you add the relevant information to the README.Debian
>> (or send me patch), if you are actively involved in GCC maintenance on
>> s390(x)?
>
> Aurelien did a lot to bootstrap s390x and is also working on the port
> both wrt buildd maintenance and debugging. He is listed on [1], too.

So this does not address s390.

The table at [1] is not suitable for jessie. So lets assume that these ports are
unmaintained now.  I asked several times to start with the architecture
re-qualification early this release cycle, but didn't get any replies.

> But obviously that does not imply GCC maintainance for s390*.
> And indeed, we should've copied Bastian on this. I apologize.

So, until now I didn't see any s390 toolchain maintenance from all three of you.
 Bastian occasionally does some bug triage, Aurelien does help with mipsel,
didn't see anything from Philipp.  So from my point of view the toolchain for
s390/jessie is unmaintained. Please tell me something else, but please tell as
well how to achieve this.

Feel free to make 4.8 the default for s390, but it is still lacking maintenance.

  Matthias