Re: gnat-4.8_4.8.0-1~exp1_amd64.changes is NEW

Am 25.04.2013 23:17, schrieb Ludovic Brenta:
> Done, at last.  Sorry for the delay.  This build (4.8.0-1~exp2) includes
> your patch for gnatmake -shared.  For which, a big thank you.  Did you
> come up with this patch on your own, or did you receive it from someone
> else?

No. --as-needed is the default in Ubuntu, and I did see some build failures. At
least gnatmake prints out the command line in the build log.

> Note that I strongly recommend against including gnat-4.8 in Ubuntu
> 13.04, whenever that ships, and also in 13.10 because I don't think that
> the other Ada packages will have migrated by then.  Also, I anticipate
> that I might change the aliversion of libgnatvsn and libgnatprj before
> the package stabilizes; this would invalidate any binary package that
> depends on them.  I'm uploading to experimental for a reason :)

thanks. 13.04 did release today.  Having 4.8 in the archive wouldn't hurt from
my point of view, as long as the 4.6 based packages and the default package can
be used.

Is there any progress in getting the libgnatvsn and libgnatprj changes into GCC
upstream?