Re: Installing g++ on xubuntu

Dear Amir,

On 11 September 2013 22:27, Amir Omidvari <amir_mohsen60@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Amir, I am student of computer science at California State
> University Fullerton. I am totally new to Linux systems and I just installed
> xubuntu on my pc. I wanted to install eclipse for programmign in c/c++ and I
> have to install g++ 4.7.0.3 first. I couldn`t find this version in ubuntu
> sofware center, but I found that you have made it for linux. I downloaded it
> and extracted on the desktop, but I don`t know how to install a downlaoded
> software in Linux. I would be so thankful if you kindly help me.

This list is discussing developing gcc packages themself on the Debian
Operating System. Not Ubuntu.
Also this is not a user-support mailing list. For that you can try
debian-user@ or similar ubuntu mailing lists.
But nonetheless to answer your question gcc/g++ 4.7 is available on
both Ubuntu and Debian. You most likely want:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc-4.7 g++-4.7

No further support will be provided via this channel, please use e.g.
#ubuntu-app-devel irc channel, or debian-user mailing (if you are
actually using Debian), or askubuntu.com or http://ask.debian.net/
(QA sitess).

Regards,

Dmitrijs.