Re: GCC-4.8 on the horizon

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@adacore.com> writes:
>>  - [CCing Eric for this] the gnatprj and gnatvsn libs are built
>>    for Debian only. Is there any way, that these libs could be
>>    integrated into upstream (maybe conditionally)?
>
> What's the status of these libraries?  Who owns the copyright?

These libraries are built from the GCC sources, so the FSF owns the
copyright.

libgnatvsn contains those packages, under GPL with Runtime Library
Exception, that are shared with ASIS for GNAT.

libgnatprj contains the pure GPL units for the project manager: part of
gnatmake, shared with GPS, and using libgnatvsn.

Only changes to the GCC build machinery are necessary to produce these
two libraries.

If you're going to attend FOSDEM, I suggest we meet to discuss this in
more detail.

--
Ludovic Brenta.