Re: Fwd: RFS: gcc-4.5-doc-non-dfsg

Hi,

On 09/28/2012 01:05 AM, Игорь Пашев wrote:
> Why not just do GCC docs in a way similar to GNU Make?
> Separately build docs from separate source package, and upload to non-free?
> (with regular package names)

It's in a similar way to GNU Make indeed. The only difference is more
than one version of GCC are supported at the same time, so gcc-defaults
and gcc-doc-defaults contain symlinks to the default versions.

As packaging work in our git repos[1,2] are gerenerally completed,
there're a few todos:

1. Remove gcc-doc-base from gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg (already in sid) and
gcc-4.6-doc (only in debian/4.6 git branch) package.
2. Upload gcc-4.6-doc and gcc-4.7-doc to sid, at the same time upload
new gcc-doc-defaults to point to 4.7. Or better, if gcc-defaults can
generate gcc-doc/cpp-doc/... packages again, much work will be saved.

[1] https://github.com/SamB/debian-gcc-doc
[2] git://git.debian.org/users/yixuan-guest/gcc-doc.git

Regards,

Guo Yixuan