Re: mips toolchain maintenance in debian?

On 18.03.2011 18:49, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 05:47:55PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> mips toolchain maintenance during the squeeze release cycle was rough; same
>> thing seems to happen again with wheezy, or will this change?
>
> Except the binutils issue that I agree took too long to be resolved, I
> don't remember of any other toolchain issue. Any pointer?

I remember at least the loongson2f issues. Another toolchain unrelated issues is
a missing mipsel porter box.

>> Current issues include:
>>
>>  - no reply from debian-mips on the GCC-4.5 transition questions
>
> We are a bit short on the buildd side for mips (and a bit less for
> mipsel), so we should probably wait until we get more results from other
> architectures. This is especially true now that #618748 has been
> reported on the Debian side.

applying the first one, the second is not yet reviewed, and not in trunk.

>>  - gcj/gcc-snapshot build failures with binutils-2.21.
>>

> This failure is only 3 days old. I have been able to reproduce it, but I
> haven't found time to really debug the issue yet.

The failure itself is 3 days old, but snapshots are available in experimental
for many months.  Maybe it would be a possibility to build gcc snapshots with
packages from experimental, alternating uploads to unstable and experimental?

  Matthias