gcc-4.5 needs dep on binutils >= 2.20.1-13?

I'm planning to use gcc 4.5 on squeeze [whether or not the release team allows it into the official archive, but that sure would be nice!], and ran into bug 591405 in binutils. The error message was quite mystifying. Perhaps gcc-4.5 should have a versioned dep on binutils >= 2.20.1-13, since it fails to link properly without it?

Also, I dunno if you're planning to request a freeze exception for that binutils fix, but it might be a nice idea. (and presumably not nearly as controversial).

Thanks!
James