Re: IRC Release Team Meeting on Mon, Aug 23rd, 20 UTC

On 18.08.2010 00:29, Philipp Kern wrote:
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:13:44PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:52:34PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
sparc had concerns raised about [its] releasability
http://release.debian.org/squeeze/arch_qualify.html indicates the number of
porters and upstream support is questionable by being yellow, but other than
that there is no real explanation. It would be good if this was clarified,
so that we know what you guys actually expect.

Well, for upstream support there is: at the bottom of the page.  According
to doko sparc32 code generation is unmaintained upstream, and he doesn't
want to step up to maintain it any longer.

I hacked the driver to default to -mcpu=v9 in 32bit mode. This seems to work okish, exposing the atomic builtins for sparc. however this requires some work/changes in packages which make hard coded assumptions about the availability of these builtins. I don't plan to work on this.

most testing for the sparc toolchain upstream is done on sparc64-linux and other sparc platforms. Again, I do not intend to work on any sparc issues myself.

  Matthias