Re: Depencencies of gcc on glibc/eglibc and libc6-i386

On 29.08.2009 18:38, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
I would like to better understand the depencencies between the various
gcc packages and libc6{,-i386}, in particular as they relate to the
transition to /lib32.

In debian/rules.conf we have:

libc_ver := 2.5
ifneq (,$(findstring gnat,$(PKGSOURCE)))
   libc_ver := 2.9-21
endif

[...]
How about unifying all the version numbers to 2.9-22?

I don't see why the b-d is necessary for the gcc build; it's an upgrade scenario only, and the buildd's install multilib related packages from scratch for each build. I'd like to keep it at 2.5, so that people can build the package on older releases as well.

I think that Aurelian did argue having the conflicts in the binary packages is enough.

  Matthias

PS: Away until Sep 09