Re: Cross Toolchains "Squeeze" Release Goals

Hi Ludovic,

2009/8/12 Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>:
> Selon Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>:
>>   Those are more or less my plans, but there was Ludovic Brenta also
>> interested on having a gnat cross compiler for armel, which I am unsure
>> if there has been any progress towards this direction.
>
> Some progress: gnat-4.4 is now in unstable.  I would like to pursue the idea
> of producing a cross-compiler but I will follow your lead in that area;
> gnat-4.4 shares its build scripts with gcc-4.4.

I would start by trying to write a debian/rules.d/binary-ada-cross.mk

> What kind of target do you have in mind? armel bare-board? with uClibc? with
> EmDebian? with full Debian?

I personally do not know a bit on ada, I should learn sometime, as I
have heard it is very suitable for satefy systems. The target really
does not matter as what we try, IIRC, it is already supported by
upstream, we just need gcc-source package to produce an
arm-linux-gnueabi-gnat compiler. The binaries will be part of Emdebian
repository and if Debian agrees and it has a doable amount of users,
Debian might be interested on having those. But, surely you should be
able to build a cross gnat package in from Debian sources when this
work is done.

If you were asking me for a test platform, I have one balloonboard and
a sheevaplug which we can test on.

Cheers,
                        -- Hector Oron