distributed synchronization solution based on the principle of shared semaphores.

Hi everybody,

we want to develop a distributed synchronization solution based on the principle of shared semaphores.

we want to distribute the functionality known for local semaphores.
My solution uses a client / server architecture, where clients make transactions on the server that hosts semaphores.

We have a server with multiple threads of services (thread for each client) and take advantage of the API available for synchronizing threads namely semaphores (such as sem_wait, sem_post ....).

in addition to the operating system, I want to schedule a sem-List command allows me to list the semaphores in a hosted server,

for this I want to know how to:

- See the code of the command ipcs, since it is equivalent to List-sem but local.

- Where to save the code of the command, ie the absolute path to the directory that will contain the source of List-sem.

any idea is welcome.

thanks in advance
best regards
bela