Re: Plans for GCC in Squeeze

> If this is right, I do not really see the advantage to divertion with
> respect to conflicting packages.

The idea on divert libgcc is for cross toolchains. I work on an
i386/amd64 machine and i have many ARM targets, let's say i have
processors which requires floating point emulated by software and
others have a hardware FPU. For such condition, i would need two
different configurations for toolchains, that makes two toolchains,
but if we enable a diverted libgcc, just changing libgcc i can have a
setup for one target or the other one. Does it make any sense?

Regards

--
 Héctor Orón