Re: Switch on compiler hardening defaults

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:55:25AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> I would like to propose enabling[1] the GCC hardening patches that Ubuntu
> uses[2].

How do they work? Do they also change the free-standing compiler or only
the hosted one? There is a lot of software, which (I would say) missuse
the hosted compiler to build non-userspace-code, including the Linux
kernel.

Bastian

--
History tends to exaggerate.
		-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4