problems with TR1 statistical distributions

I need to do some statistical work in C++, so I am trying to use
the TR1 extensions.  I am using g++ Debian 4.3.4-1.

To become familiar with the distributions, I found various example code
to run.  I can get some of the samples to run, and others go off into
100% cpu never to return.  For the Debian implementation, I have to
change std::tr1:: to std::.

The following sample routines work as advertised except for
differences in expected output:

Linear Congruential
g++ output matches web page

Mersenne Twister
g++ output matches web page

Bernoulli Distribution
g++ output matches web page

Normal Distribution
g++ output DOES NOT match web page

Exponential Distribution
g++ output DOES NOT match web page

The following sample routines never return from the test program:

Poisson Distribution
never returns

Binomial Distribution
never returns

Testing C++ TR1 random number generation
http://www.johndcook.com/test_TR1_random.html
never returns

Could someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong?  Is the Debian
TR1 support not working correclty?  Is the sample code invalid?  Would
Boost work better on this sample code?  Is TR1 support not ready for
prime time?

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot,

Lester